The folk school is located in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. We run programs at several different locations in Wolfeboro and surrounding towns.
Travel Information – Car:
You can get directions to Wolfeboro from Google Maps. We’re about 2 hours from downtown Boston.
Local Driving Directions:
When you register for a course you’ll receive detailed local driving directions.
Travel Information – Plane:
• Manchester Airport (MHT) in Manchester, NH, is a one hour, twenty minute drive from Wolfeboro.
• Logan Airport (BOS) in Boston, MA, is a 2 hour drive from Wolfeboro. You can connect with a bus at the airport in Boston to get to NH.
• Portland Jetport (PWM) in Portland, ME, is a 1.5 hour drive from Wolfeboro.
Travel Information – Bus:
• C&J Trailways has daily service from Boston (Logan Airport and South Station) to Dover, NH (about 45 minutes from Wolfeboro).
• Concord Coach Lines offers service from Boston (Logan Airport and South Station) to Concord (1 hour drive) and West Ossipee(1/2 hour drive), NH, and on up through the White Mountains.
Taxi For Airport And Bus Station Pickup:
• I-Ride NH Transport Services. Phone: 603-344-0007.
• Big Lake Taxi And Limousine
No on-site camping is available for folk school programs. There are a variety of lodging options in town. If you’re coming in the summer, keep in mind that this region is a summer resort and available lodging fill up far in advance. Plan accordingly.
Camping is available during the warmer seasons. Check with the campgrounds for specific dates.
• Wolfeboro Campground
• Willey Brook Campground
• Robie’s RV Park
Hotel & Motel
• Windrifter Resort. Closest lodging to the folk school (2 miles), as well as the only indoor pool in town.
• Allen A Motor Inn
• Lake Motel
• Wolfeboro Inn
Food And Dining
There are two small grocery stores, a health food store and a variety of restaurants located in Wolfeboro.
For more information on local resources in Wolfeboro, visit the Wolfeboro Chamber Of Commerce.