We have a limited number of dates available for private instruction for those who desire to train alone or with a predetermined group. Private courses are ideal for families, groups of friends, corporate teams, members of the media, and any individuals or groups traveling to remote, northern regions where a solid grasp of core survival skills can function as an insurance policy against mishaps and malfunctioning equipment.
Private courses can include numerous components including lectures and presentations, hands-on instruction in the field, and single or multiple overnight sessions. In addition to our regularly scheduled courses, some topics for workshops include:
- Intense immersion courses in core wilderness survival skills.
- Season-specific and cold weather survival.
- Corporate team building workshops.
- Wilderness retreats to help your sales team refocus and recharge their batteries.
- Traditional north woods crafting workshops.
- Weekend campouts with an emphasis on learning.
- Canoe, snowshoe, or hiking trips. For more information on these contact us.
We custom design your course to fit your needs, focusing on those topics you specify and eliminating those you don’t. Prior to beginning the training you’ll receive a preliminary assessment of your needs which includes a discussion regarding what your goals are and what is realistic to accomplish in the time you have allotted. The goal of this is to find out exactly what you’re looking for and to educate you as to how best to reach your goals. We feel that an educated customer appreciates the differences we offer, and as such we offer this preliminary assessment free of charge.
- When – What time of year and what specific dates.
- Where – Your place, ours, or another location.
- Numbers – How many people will be attending the program?
- Accomodations – Will we be remote camping with traditional gear, staying in a motel or remote hunting lodge, or other?
- Specific Goals – What do you want to get out of the program? The more specific you are, the better prepared we can be to deliver. It will also allow us to trim any extraneous content, saving you time and money.
Our rates for private courses at our base for one or two people are $300 per day. Each additional person thereafter is $150 per day. For example:
- Private Workshop – 1 person per day = $300.00
- Private Workshop – 2 people per day = $300.00
- Private Workshop – 3 people per day = $450.00
- Private Workshop – 4 people per day = $600.00
- Private Workshop – 5 people per day = $750.00
This includes instruction and camping at our field school. During the winter we can organize private courses at our NH folk school to include lodging for a reasonable charge (more about folk school lodging). These rates do not include food.
To book a private course, first contact us to determine availability. In order to book dates and get on our schedule, we require 100% of the tuition. Tuition for private courses is non-refundable.