Self Reliance Workshop Series NH
A Collaboration Of Jack Mountain And GALA
2016 is our fourth year of partnering with GALA (Global Awareness, Local Action), a non-profit based in the NH lakes region. We’ll be offering a monthly series of workshops that short, inexpensive, and geared toward learning useful skills to make ourselves and our communities more self reliant and resilient. Registration is through GALA.
Workshops run on the first Wednesday of the month from 5:30-8:00. Cost is $15 for GALA Members, although there are added material fees for certain workshops. We make our go/no-go decision based on enrollment on the Saturday before the workshop, so be sure to register early! If you’re not a GALA member, you can join for $15.
Please call 603-539-6460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
- 1/6 – Build Your Own Shave Horse
- 1/7 – Backyard Beekeeping
- 2/4 – Seed Saving
- 3/4 – Fermenting And Sprouting Foods
- 4/1 – Pruning And Grafting Fruit Trees
- 5/6 – Native Landscaping And Permaculture
- 6/3 – Basic Bike Maintenance
- 7/1 – Fly Fishing
- 8/5 – Cold Frame Construction
- 9/2 – Preserve Your Harvest
- 10/7 – Compass And Map Navigation
- 11/4 – Campfire Cooking
- 12/2 – Chaga And Winter Herbs
- 1/8 – Traditional Winter Gear, Snowshoes And Snowshoeing
- 2/12 – Soap Making 101
- 3/12 – Organic Cosmetics: Treat Your Skin To Chocolate
- 4/9 – Intro to Fly Fishing: Gear, Knots & Casting
- 5/14 – Fire By Friction
- 6/11 – Book Binding: Coptic Stitch Bound
- 7/9 – Natural Building Methods
- 8/13 – Edible Wild Plants – Wild Food Walk
- 9/10 – Sewing Machine Intro & Make Your Own Tote Bag
- 10/8 – Beer Brewing Basics
- 11/12 – Campfire Cooking; Dutch Oven, Reflector Oven And Pot Suspension Systems
- 12/10 – The Simple Sauna; Making And Using
You can read more about the workshops, and our partner in this endeavor, at GALA.